Wednesday, June 24, 2009

As I said, you just never know what will be living on my desk. I based out a foil head last week and it was just sitting there...then the other day I got the urge to work on it. Sorry I didn't take a pic of the foil head but this is where I was a while later...taking pics really helps you see things in a different perspective and I can see lots of things to tweak on it so far...
So, after some tweaking and taking the ears off I am getting there. For some reason I think the eye slits need to be a little lower and the cheeks need to be pushed up some more. I took lots of pics as I went and kept tweaking...
Now I'm getting somewhere but after smoothing with a bit of oil I can see one side of the lip is down a little bit and one eye slit isn't very straight...more tweaking comes.
Finally getting where I want to be and have added a bit of color with some chaulks. I tend to do this lately as I can get a better idea on hair color. I will still add more layers with Genesis paints before the head is completely finalized...
This one was taken before the oven. Looks more on the boy side to me which is funny, when I do smaller babies I don't often get boys but the larger I go the more boyish they get...strange. The hair is combed out tibetan and will (hopefully) get baked in, I often have trouble with it sticking but love this look. Eventually I want to learn to root the hair right into the clay. I will post updates as I go, this will be about a ten inch baby when finished!

1 comment: