Friday, June 26, 2009

Just stuff

Earlier this week I took the dog out for a walk....our field is loaded with clover. For as long as I can remember I've always looked at clover with the hope of finding the elusive four leaf one and finally did! Couldn't believe it and have it pressing in a book. Going to try to find a way to preserve it into a key fob or something.
Then yesterday I was spading my garden and pulling weeds since we actually had a rain free day and while spading I hit this pretty large piece of quartz. It is a strange find as we normally don't find such large pieces here in New England. I think I'll put it under my pillow tonight and see if I wake up feeling better!
In between finding charms and stones yesterday I mushed three heads before I got to this one. I have some tweaking to do on it but going to let it sit for a while first. I used puppen rose on this one and not sure as of yet what she will be. Going to try to get the armature made today and see what she says.

2 comments:

  1. Cool. You could always preserve the clover in some epoxy (not sure what the stuff is called but it hardens clear). I love the quartz wish we had some here. That head is gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The face looks great Kim. Can't wait to see where this one will go!

    ReplyDelete